The Infinite Miles Training Academy provides both in – house and off – site professional training programmes to both private and public institutions. We create and enhance value for our clients, enabling them to be better positioned competitively. We engage high quality subject matter experts who are able to deliver our client’s expectations to the highest standards.
It is imperative for us that our training and intervention programmes are tailored to suit our client’s needs and environment without losing sight of global best practice and quality, thereby ensuring practicality of imparted knowledge.
Our programmes come with supporting documentation. In agreement with the client, we also offer post training support.
Below is a non – exhaustive list of the programmes we offer. These and more programmes can be customised for your organisation, on request. Click on any of the programmes for more details. or Click here to download full TRAINING ACADEMY BROCHURE
Participants will develop the capabilities to be very vital business assets. They will be able to provide reliable assistance to the people and businesses they support. The skills acquired will improve their effectiveness through the efficient management of their time and available resources. They will learn to organise themselves and communicate effectively with all stakeholders. They will be equipped with practical tools for daily efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand the importance and functions of the administrative assistant.
- Get equipped with necessary tools for effectiveness.
- Learn how to organise your day and prioritise the important things.
- Learn key time management techniques.
- Acquire vital verbal and non - verbal communication skills
- Learn skills to manage the boss
- Understand the importance of personal development
- Learn to track your level of productivity.
The program exposes participants to the value chain of business, enabling them to visualise the business’ big picture and appreciate the impact decisions made have on business outcome. They are able to understand the financial components of the business and how cost and revenue interplay to ensure profitability is maximised. Furthermore, participants will learn to identify business risks, as well as the application of initiatives to mitigate the risks.They will leave the programme with the ability to apply critical thinking to key business decisions.
- Visualise the big picture of the business.
- Understand the linkages across the business value chain.
- Develop a risk management strategy.
- Develop and apply financial literacy.
- Develop critical thinking capabilities for decision making.
- Develop the right acumen for key management decisions.
- Understand profitability as being core to the business.
- Understand how to generate repeat business and reduce customer churn.
The business / corporate world has certain expectations of any potentially successful participant in it. Social relations are key to business network development, as well as organisational cohesion. Participants will learn how to relate socially in business while taking into account, the sensitivities of others. Discussions covered will include sensitivity to different personalities, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and 'the handshake', conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette.
- Understand etiquette and its value to you and your organisation.
- Making a good impression
- Learn how to make an effective introduction.
- Giving an effective handshake.
- Selling yourself appropriately
- Understand the effective use of the business card
- Dressing effectively. Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress codes.
- Understand settings and their etiquette expectations.
- Understand why colours are important in dressing for success.
- Identify and practise how to remember names.
- Understand the four levels of conversation.
Participants will learn the qualities and capabilities required to lead and influence people positively towards personal and organisational goals.They will learn to identify when tough discussions and decisions are necessary, as well as how to hold such discussions and make the decisions.
- Understand the concept of ‘leadership’
- Understand the types of leadership
- Understand the concept of ‘influence’
- Understand the dynamics of ‘people’ and how central they are to the achievement of set goals
- Adapting your leadership style to different people and scenarios.
- Learn when and how to delegate
- Understand the importance and role of personal accountability
- Handling difficult scenarios and people
- Setting personal and organisational goals
- Aligning personal and organisational goals.
- Learn how to achieve transformational leadership
- Discuss leadership related theories (Great Man theory, Trait Theory etc.)
- Learn how to expand your circle of influence
Self – confidence can, potentially, lead to the opening of doors. Participants willlearn how to build their self – confidence and assert their positions constructively.
- Understand the importance of your personal identity and narrative to your level of self – esteem and assertiveness.
- Define your personal identity
- Learn how to create your own narrative
- Understand the role of self – confidence and assertiveness in different scenarios
- Learn to create a great first impression.
- Understand the self – confident appearance, body language and tone.
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Learn different styles of communication.
- Learn to listen effectively
- Learn to identify self – doubt and other negative thoughts, as well as how to overcome them.
- Learn to use narratives that portray self – confidence.
- Set your personal mission statement. Set its achievement in motion.
Participants will learn how to identify successors and how to leverage their strengths to prepare them for the responsibilities of leadership.They will understand the role of succession planning in the organisation as a going concern.
- Understand what a Business Succession Plan is.
- Understand the need for a succession plan.
- Learn how to develop and implement an effective Business Succession Plan.
- Know the qualities to look for in a potential successor.
- Learn how to assess the right fit.
- Understand role of mentorship in Business Succession Planning.
- Identify roles across the organisation for which Business Succession Planning is critical.
- Identify potential obstacles and develop quick strategies to overcome them.
- Learn how to successfully manage leadership change.
Participants will understand how to implement change effectively, as well as the importance of the ‘people’ side of change. Processes and strategies for ensuring the people accept change will be discussed. They will also gain knowledge of how the acceptance of change can be reinforced and managed, as well as tools to aid them.
- Learn how to develop a successful change strategy.
- Acquire skills to lead a successful change programme.
- Envision the end from the beginning
- Understand the value of people in the change process
- Understand the human drivers of change and its acceptance.
- Learn how to develop an effective change communication plan, as well as vital components of the plan.
- Learn how to track the progress and success level of change
- Learn to address people and process issues as they come up.
- Learn tips on celebrating a successful change implementation.
Participants will learn how to bring out the best performance in others. The programme is well suited to managers of teams. They will understand how Coaching and mentoring can, not only bring out the best in their people, but also contribute to the overall performance of the team and organisation.
- Understand what ‘Coaching’ is.
- Understand what ‘Mentoring’ is.
- Understand the difference between ‘Coaching’ and ‘Mentoring’
- Know when ‘Coaching’ and / or‘Mentoring’ is appropriate and how to apply.
- Build the level of trust for a successful ‘Coaching’ and /or ‘Mentoring’ intervention
- Learn how to develop an effective ‘Coaching and Mentoring’ model.
- Learn to measure or track the growth process during a ‘Coaching’ or ‘Mentoring’ intervention. Make use of appropriate goal setting models.
- Identify and work on strengths and weaknesses. Assess the specific areas that need to be worked on.
- Establish a two – way relationship and employee buy – in.
- Identify and overcome common obstacles.
- Learn how to unleash the ‘Coached’ and ‘Mentored’ individual.
Participants will learn the skills to analyse and evaluate information in order to acquire better knowledge and make better decisions from such information. They will develop the ability to be more rational and disciplined thinkers, thereby enabling clarity of thought. They will gain the skills to handle seemingly complex information, sifting through it to focus on that which will lead to greater productivity.
- Understand what Critical Thinking is and how it can help improve productivity.
- Know how to apply Critical Thinking in different situations / scenarios.
- Understand the components of Critical Thinking.
- Comprehend problem solving abilities
- Learn how to solve problems using Critical Thinking
- Understand whatnon-linear thinking is and how it applies.
- Learn to use logical thinking
- Learn Critical Thinking skills that can be used to analyse and evaluate information
Participants will learn the essence of excellent service and how to serve customers better. They will understand the service value chain and how internal processes and internal service affect the service received by the external customer. They will learn skills to handle difficult customers and encourage repeat patronage. The program covers both face to face and telephone interactions, as well as organisational processes, policies and people management policies.
- Understand the customer service value chain
- Understand the differences between internal and external service, as well as the impact of both
- Learn how to start with the customer experience in mind.
- Understand the role of perception in service delivery
- Understand the Net Promoter Score and its application
- Understand the service to profit value chain
- Understand the relationship between Customer Satisfaction, Customer Loyalty / Retention, Employee Capability, Customer Profitability and Company Profitability
- Understand how to create lifetime value for the customer
- Understand the role of Operational Excellence in service delivery
- Understand the competencies required for excellent service
- Acquire tips on identifying your customer’s needs and personalising service.
- Understand customer complaints management
- Learn how to handle difficult customers
- Learn how to recover service gone bad.
- Acquire insight on emerging service trends
This programme will expose participants to the big picture of the business, with a view to shifting from a paradigm of silos to that of end-to-end customer value. They will learn to identify and realise the different opportunities customers’ present. They will also learn to significantly increase their organisational income by building their customers and migrating them, appropriately, up the right segments. They will learn to significantly increase their share of their customers’ wallet.
- Understand the importance of organisational ecosystems and inter-departmental synergy in optimising cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Understand how different products and services are inter-related / inter-dependent.
- Learn to identify cross-sell opportunities from the start and how to take advantage of them.
- Understand the impact of customer segmentation on up-sell.
- Learn to develop and use a product / service matrix for effective cross-sell.
- Understand and maximise the lifetime value of the customer.
- Understand how a CRM tool can aid cross-sell and up-sell.
- Learn essential techniques to activate and realise cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Shift to a paradigm that sees every sales opportunity as a service opportunity and vice versa.
Problem solving is an integral part of life and business. Creative problem solving is therefore, essential for success. Participants will learn the creative problem solving process and will be equipped with key problem solving tools. They will learn to source, gather and categorise information, analyse dataand make informed decisions.
- Understand the big picture and context within which a problem is situated.
- Learn to identify the problem to be solved.
- Learn tools to categorise and define different problems.
- Understand the root of the problem and its dependencies.
- Understand the creative problem solving process
- Learn to gather information, evaluate and analyse data correctly.
- Understand the types of information best suited to the problem to be solved.
- Understand how to pull the resources necessary for the problem resolution.
- Learn to write concrete problem statements
- Learn to evaluate possible solutions against well suited criteria
- Learn tips on setting criteria for potential solutions and the final selection.
The phone is already entrenched as a medium via which business is conducted and concluded. Majority of customers also like the convenience of being able to talk to someone, from wherever they are, to address whatever issues they might have. It is absolutely important for organisations to have the appropriate skill sets and competence to run highly effective call centers. Participants will improve their telephone skills, productivity and performance. They will be able to manage both outbound and inbound calls in a way that will guarantee customer satisfaction and retention.
- Understand why the call centre is strategic to customer experience.
- Understand what call centre structure best suits the organisation
- Develop an effective call centre strategy.
- Understand goal setting for the call centre.
- Manage in-bound and out-bound calls
- Develop effective communication capabilities.
- Run an effective quality control programme.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the call centre.
- Match service delivery to client expectations.
- Develop proper telephone etiquette.
- Understand call centre analytics.
Participants will understand how to extract value from complaints and see how they can add value to an organisation’s service vision. They will acquire highly effective customer complaints capabilities and will also be able to recover bad service.
- Differentiate between a complaint and an enquiry.
- Identify complaints even when masked.
- Identify signs of customer dissatisfaction, even when not voiced out.
- Understand the ownership of customer complaints.
- Develop an effective customer complaints process or model.
- Understand the elements of an effective customer complaints process.
- Learn to recover bad customer service.
- Learn how to analyse complaints and trends.
- Understand how complaints can be minimised.
- Effective management of the expectations of the customer.
Participants will understand how to identify and develop new managers, as well as the value of the investment made in them. They will learn what competencies to focus on for optimal performance. They will also be able to prepare them for an effective succession.
- Learn how to identify ‘talents’ for management roles.
- Identify and understand the competencies required of managers.
- Understand the peculiarities and challenges of first time managers. Learn how to nurture them into their new / added responsibilities.
- Learn important management principles for success.
- Understand the role of leadership in replicating success in successive managers.
- Understand the importance of a Management Development Programme
- Understand the manager’s success scorecard and how to track it.
Very often, giving a person feedback could achieve the wrong effect if not done appropriately. Giving feedback in a constructive way is a skill that the participants of this programme will acquire. They will be able to adopt a style that focuses on achieving a productive outcome from an otherwise difficult discussion.
- Understand the roles of the critic and the recipient in a feedback discussion.
- Learn how to prepare to deliver constructive criticism
- Learn to plan the discussion and articulate the key points to place emphasis on.
- Determine the appropriate place, time and circumstance to give feedback.
- Understand the importance of your choice of words, when and how to apply them.
- Learn to align your feedback with pre-set expectations and goals.
- Understand the role of non-verbal communication.
- Discuss different scenarios.
- Apply appropriate post discussion follow up guidelines to achieve expected outcomes.
Every business communication seeks to achieve a purpose. The way a communication is documented, not only creates an impression of its creator, it also affects the end for which it is meant. The programme will therefore, discuss basic writing concepts, as well as the importance of spelling, grammar, punctuation and the tone of the writing. Scenarios will be created, using the most common business documents.
- Understand the purpose of your communication
- Learn how to tailor your writing to the purpose you wish it to achieve.
- Understand the recipient(s) of your communication and learn how to tailor your writing to suite their expectations.
- Learn the basic structure of different common business communication (agendas, email messages,letters, proposals, reports, memos,etc).
- Understand the need for proofreading, as well as skills to have it done effectively.
- Learn to pay close attention to common spelling and grammar.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Learn techniques to make your writing receive the aimed response from its recipient(s).
Participants will learn the critical role emotions play in everyday life. They will be able to identify and understand their emotions, that of others, and how to influence these emotions to effect a desired behaviour.
- Understand how the interplay of emotions influences behaviour.
- Learn how to be sensitive to your emotions and that of others.
- Understand the role of Emotional Intelligence in both the workplace and in social and personal circles.
- Understand the role of Emotional Intelligence in verbal and non – verbal communication.
- Adopt a positive outlook through Emotional Intelligence.
- Gain self-awareness and self-management.
Participants will learn to look within to inspire motivation. They will be able to set themselves on a productive path and inspire motivation in others. This will also enable them influence others to be productive through the use of behavioural influencers that drive motivation.
- Understand what motivation is.
- Understand what inspires and drives motivation.
- Understand the importance of Employee Motivation.
- Understand the role of the leadership / management in creating an enabling environment for employee motivation to thrive.
- Learn how to create an enabling environment
- Understand the interplay of personalities and its effect on employee motivation.
- Learn to set motivating and inspiring goals.
- Learn to create an atmosphere of collective ownership and commitment.
- Understand the role of reward and other benefits as a means of reinforcement and how to apply them.
- Permeate structural / hierarchical barriers.
- Learn methods and tips to motivate employees.
Participants will learn how to integrate new hires into their organisations and develop their skills, knowledge and value within the organisation. They will understand how effective Employee Onboarding helps lower costs related to employee turnover and eventually lead to increased productivity and employee engagement.
- Understand what Employee On-boarding is and why it is important.
- Know the vital components of an on-boarding programme
- Develop an Employee On-boarding programme.
- Identify and understand the expectations of an employee and be able to fulfil those expectations with regards to on-boarding.
- Learn how to introduce the organisational culture and its dynamics to new hires
- Develop an employee feedback and follow up process.
Participants will understand the employee as the soul of the organisation. They will appreciate the need to recognise employee contribution and how this can enable increased productivity and retention. They will learn how to implement and sustain a viable recognition programme that gives employees a heightened sense of value.
- Understand the value of recognising employee performance
- Recognise where the ownership of Employee Recognition lies.
- Learn how to develop and implement an effective Employee Recognition programme.
- Know how to determine the type of programme best suited to your organisation.
- Know how to determine employees to be recognised.
- Be able to identify and meet the employee’s expectation
- Understand the role of the leadership in Employee Recognition.
- Entrench a culture of Employee Recognition.
Participants will learn how to build effective personal and working relationships. They will be able to engage in constructive conversations, improve their communication skills and create the right impression through different forms of expression. They will learn tips on effective networking.
- Understand the importance of relationships in both personal and career development.
- Learn how to create a great first impression.
- Understand what ‘non-verbal communication’ is and the important role it plays in interpersonal relationships.
- Identify components of non-verbal communication and acquire skills to use them effectively.
- Understand the power of effective listening in interpersonal relationships.
- Learn tips on starting and building up a great conversation.
- Understand the role of emotions in building relationships.
- Learn how to hold and turn around difficult conversations.
- Understand the importance of seeing the value in others and how this can help influence perception.
- Learn important negotiating tips.
Customers’ expectations may vary and some may be more demanding than others. Because customers are central to the success of any business, it is important that even the very demanding customers are paid close attention to. Where a customer is perceived as ‘difficult’, managing the person appropriately requires a set of skills to ensure the right level of satisfaction is achieved. Participants will learn the skills required to effectively manage difficult customers to ensure retention, satisfaction and profitability.
- Understand the expectations of different types of customers.
- Learn to be emotionally intelligent in difficult circumstances.
- Identify what leads to ‘difficulty’ in service
- Learn to change the narrative from ‘difficult’ to a more positive one.
- Cultivate a positive perception of all customers, irrespective of expectations.
- Learn to listen effectively
- Understand the role of empathy in managing customers and difficult situations.
- Learn to recover bad service
- Learn to make a ‘difficult’ customer your ‘cheerleader’.
- Ensure customer profitability.
Participants will understand negotiation as an integral part of everyday life and will therefore, learn to engage in situations in a way that will achieve a win – win outcome. Participants will understand situations where negotiation is possible, the types of negotiation and steps involved in negotiating. They will learn critical skills for a successful negotiation.
- Understand what negotiation is and what it aims to achieve.
- Learn how to prepare and position yourself upfront for a successful negotiation.
- Understand the types of negotiation and the steps involved.
- Understand and learn when and how to apply the following negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Understand the importance of a ‘win – win’ outcome.
- Learn techniques for arriving at a ‘win – win’
- Learn to turnaround difficult situations.
- Learn to set milestones and gauge the success of the negotiation.
- Understand how to apply basic negotiation techniques to everyday problems
- Understand the role of adequate information in a successful negotiation.
- Discuss different negotiation scenarios using techniques learnt.
Participants will learn to identify sales objections and overcome them in order to achieve the sale. They will learn tips on how to turn objections into opportunities.
- Learn to identify an objection.
- Differentiate a masked objection from a buying signal.
- Understand the factors that contribute to objections and learn to prevent a buying opportunity from evolving into objection.
- Acquire necessary skills to overcome objections.
- Understand the role of questioning in identifying the customer’s interest.
- Learn to ‘ask for the business’ and ‘close the sale’.
Participants will acquire the tools necessary to develop better Organisational Skills. They will be able to position themselves for success, manage themselves better and ultimately increase productivity. The skills developed will be applicable to both their personal lives and the organisations they work for.
- Understand the link between organisational skills and high level productivity.
- Organise your thoughts. Bring your mental creation to fruition.
- Contrast important versus urgent issues and learn what to prioritise.
- Learn to focus on what is important.
- Understand the impact of an organized personal work space
- Acquire tips for planning your week / day.
- Learn to identify and deal with negative habits that inhibit organisation.
- Understand the role of information and how to store, as well as manage it.
Participants will learn to create a positive identity and narrative for themselves. They will be able to project themselves positively. They will learn how focusing on their strengths influences people’s perception.
- Understand the concept of branding and how it relates to self.
- Understand the concept of identity and its importance.
- Get on the path of self - discovery and the unravelling of your identity.
- Understand the importance of creating a narrative.
- Learn to project a positive image.
- Learn tools that can aid the promotion of your brand.
- Create a brand message.
Participants will learn how to combine their duties with the responsibility of seeing to the productivity of others. They will learn the rudiments of goal setting, monitoring and feedback, time management and delegating. Also, the peculiarities of managing people, the emotions that come with them and how they can be managed.
- Learn to adopt a productive and well suited style of supervision.
- Understand the rudiments of goal setting and performance management.
- Learn how to set SMART goals.
- Learn to give constructive feedback.
- Identify areas of concern and learn how to tackle them.
- Learn to hold difficult conversations
- Understand the importance of consequence management.
- Understand the importance of creating a team bond.
- Understand delegation and what should be delegated.
- Get tips on effective time management.
Participants will understand how to view the big picture within which a scenario exists and how different actions within that picture results in different outcomes. Participants will be able to apply strategic thinking skills within and outside the business environment to understand seemingly complex information and resolve issues as they arise.
- Understand the meaning and value of Strategic Thinking
- Understand how the application of Strategic Thinking can reduce complexity and improve productivity.
- Identify the qualities of a great strategic thinker.
- Learn the Strategic Thinking process
- Learn important Strategic Thinking skills and how to apply them.
The success of a developed strategy lies in its execution. However, the skills and other requirements to execute a strategy can be quite different from those used to develop it. It is therefore important that participants understand what constitutes an effectively executed strategy and how it can be done. Participants will learn how to develop strategic priorities, implement them and assess the level of success.
- Understand what strategy is, its role within an organisation and the components of an effective strategic plan.
- Understand what to consider in ensuring the strategic plan can be effectively executed.
- Learn how to develop an effective execution plan.
- Align execution plan with the overall organisational strategy
- Learn to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of and how to put in place a post execution monitoring / reinforcement process.
This programme enables the participants have a good understanding of how to identify and create sales opportunities, the essential success components of an effective sales process, the sales value chain, what the customer regards as value-add and how to ensure repeat business. Participants will engage practical scenarios depicting their everyday experiences, with a view to identifying and proffering solutions to the challenges they face.
- Learn to identify and create sales opportunities.
- Understand the customers’ needs and what constitutes value through the customers’ eyes.
- Understand what drives the customers’ needs.
- Learn to develop and implement a solution-led approach to sales.
- Learn how to develop and implement an effective sales strategy.
- Learn the key components of an effective sales process and how to navigate them.
- Learn how to align your sales and business objectives to the customers’ expectations.
- Understand the importance of integrity in the sales process.
- Understand the importance of product and service knowledge to sales.
- Learn how to effectively manage an acquired customer and ensure repeat business.
- Learn how to prepare the grounds for the cross-sell and up-sell.
Participants will understand the importance of good telephone communication and how it can make or mar perception. They will develop better telephone communication skills that can be applied in both their social and personal lives.
- Learn to use the right tone on the phone
- Recognise the components of a great telephone conversation.
- Learn to secure the right level of attention in the quickest time.
- Learn to properly handle inbound and outbound telephone calls.
- Recognise a potentially difficult telephone conversation and learn how to handle it.